This course aims to provide you with the knowledge, tools, and methods to identify errors that may occur in the use of medical equipment (usability FMEA). Based on this, we will provide you with some tools and techniques on how to approach error reduction and management.
The course has the following modules:
- Introduction to Use Error Analysis
- Task description for use error analysis
- Use error identification (usability FMEA)
- Use error analysis
- Error likelihood estimation
- Use error reduction and management
The course is delivered by a chartered Human Factors and Ergonomics Specialist with many years of experience in carrying out Human Factors assessments.
At the end of this course you will to able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of Use Error
- Understand where Use Error fits into the Safety Assurance lifecycle
- Use different techniques for Use Error Identification
- Analyse use errors and estimate error likelihoods
- Specify appropriate and effective error reduction strategies
- Integrate estimated use error into a wider safety / HF assessment
Extra materials here.